Preparing people for Christ's return...Serving God, Loving Others
The Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) and the Great Commands (Matthew 22:34-40) are the guiding principles of Red Brush Christian Church.
The Great Commission compels us to make disciples of Jesus. It explains that true disciples are made when they are baptized and taught to obey the Lord's commands.
The Great Commands are to Love God and to Love people. We carry out the Great Commission through the lens of love.
Our specific strategy for accomplishing these purposes is seven-fold.
1. Prayer - "Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127:1) We acknowledge that Christ's church cannot be built by human power or human wisdom. If the Lord is not working with us, we will fail. So the leaders of Red Brush are committed to prayer. The elders have a prayer meeting every Sunday at 4:45pm. We also have a separate prayer team that encourages a culture of prayer--seeking God's guidance and enlisting God's help.
2. Inspiring Worship Services - We offer three worship services on Sunday to include every generation of Christ-followers. Our first service (7:30 am) is a traditional church service. Our second and third services (8:45 and 11 am) utilize more contemporary music. The same message is preached in all three services and is designed to apply the eternal truths of Scripture to the struggles of modern life.
3. Youth - We believe that the youth are not just the church of tomorrow, they are the church of today. We pour great resources into our youth programs to provide a firm foundation for youth who are growing up in a decidedly post-Christian culture.
4. Study/Fellowship - We provide Sunday School classes (10:15 am) and Connect groups so each Christian can grow in their knowledge of Jesus Christ and foster relationships with other Christians.
5. Ministry Teams - We encourage all Christians to serve Jesus by being involved in a ministry team. Serving brings about Christian maturity (Ephesians 4:11-16).
6. Evangelism - Evangelism is a priority of our church. Through a series of six-month campaigns, we have seen hundreds of people make decisions for Christ. We are constantly seeking new ways to reach the lost.
7. Global Evangelism - Over 13% of our church budget goes to making disciples all over the world.